Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS is a truly a web-based HMI as of revision 10 (which as release on 2010). Essentially, you can access the HMI using a simple web browser. However, there are a few thing requirements that you will have to meet before you can start using the web-based HMI.
• Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS HMI is a Java based system and hence you will have to install a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on your machine which is accessing the Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS HMI using the web browser.
• Web Client License. Like the Microsoft TS CAL license, you will have to purchase a FASTTOOLS Web Client licenses from Yokogawa. Below is an image of
You can access the license count using the Performance Monitor. The link below demonstrates how you can navigate through the Performance Monitor.
Below is a screenshot from the “Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS Technical Product Description – Technical Information – TI 50A01A20-01EN” manual (page 34).
It depicts several types of the Web Clients architectures that are available from Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS.
Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS Web HMI client can run the follow FAST/TOOLS modules
• Operator Interface module. Runtime HMI graphics.
• Engineering module. Tool to edit tags and server side components.
• Edit module. Tool to edit HMI graphics.