Learn how to install and SSL On Apache2 for FREE using Let’s Encrypt.
Before you proceed, ensure that you have the following.
1) A domain name (like www.xybernetuics.com). In this demo we are using wegurungs.com
2) Ensure that you have a server that has a web server. For this demo, I have an Apache webserver.
Here are the list of command featured in this video.
1) Updates the package lists for upgrades for packages that need upgrading, as well as new packages that have just come to the repositories using the following command.
sudo apt-get update
2) Install the Certbot client along with the Apache plugin.
sudo apt-get install certbot python3-certbot-apache apache2
3) Once installed, you can test if the Certbot client was installed correctly using the following command.
sudo certbot –help
4) Obtain certificate for your domain name.
sudo certbot –apache
What does “sudo apt-get update” do?
The command downloads the package lists from the repositories and “updates” them to get information on the newest versions of packages and their dependencies.
What is a certbot?
Certbot is an easy-to-use client that fetches a certificate from Let’s Encrypt—an open certificate authority launched by the EFF, Mozilla, and others—and deploys it to a web server.