Learn how to move Schneider Electric Control Expert license from one computer to another computer where all the computers are offline.
Essentially there are 3 ways to activate and/or move the EcoStruxure Control Expert license.
- Web Portal. This is a self service function (aka Direct). It requires you to generate a Request XML file which needs to be uploaded to the Schneider Electric Web Portal, and in return the web portal will provide you with a response XML file.
- Mobile phone. This is a self service function (aka Direct). You have to provide your cell phone number and a code will be provided to you via cell phone.
- Call Schneider Electric Technical Support. This ia an assisted service from Schneider Electric.
The intent of this article to demonstrate the Web Portal technique.
For a Web Portal license transfer technique, you will need access to the Internet in some form as you will have to upload a Request XML file to the Schneider Electric License Portal and the portal will respond with a respond license XML file.
For the ease of discussion, Computer A currently has the EcoStruxure Control Expert license and have Internet connection as well. And Computer B does not have EcoStruxure Control Expert license and does not have Internet connection. This is a perfect scenario in any oil and gas scenario, where you have an engineering workstation with Internet connection and is isolated from the World Wide Web (WWW)
The YouTube video demonstrates how to move the EcoStruxure Control Expert license from Computer A to Computer B.
Here are the steps.
1) From Computer A, return the EcoStruxure Control Expert license using the Schneider Electric License Manager. I use the word “Return” as you need to return the license back to the Schneider Electric License Web Portal.
2) From the Computer B Generate the Request License XML file using the Schneider Electric License Manager. You will need and EcoStruxure Control Expert Activation ID.
3) Move the Request License XML file to Computer A (with Internet access).
4) Upload the Request License XML file to the Schneider Electric License server.
Software Licensing Web Portal
Select “Process License Request File” as shown below.
5) You will be given an opportunity to download the Response License XML file.
6) Move the Response License XML file (that you downloaded to Computer B).
7) From Computer B, load the Response License XML file using the Schneider Electric License Manager.
I hope that help!!!